The World Bank Job Circular 2019 has been published in online job portal and to found in this website. Good news is that, in recent times the The World Bank published new job circular for hiring to new job holder. If you are interested The World Bank jobs 2019, here to see and check the job full requirements such as job position, educational qualification, applying procedure, job circular image, application procedure and more.
We know that, every job, maintains some submission procedure, same this job, here we below our already mentioning major information with job circular image, just check out, hope you must easily understand all of the requirements. So, let check and get ready for The World BankJob Circular 2019. Apply Now!!
Post Title: ETC Researcher
Published on: 01 Dec, 2018
Application Deadline January 1, 2019
The position can be based in Delhi/Patna/Dhaka.
Policymakers are increasingly turning to the behavioral sciences to tackle intractable policy challenges, including increasing student learning, raising savings rates, promoting energy and resource conservation, increasing productivity, improving sanitation practices, strengthening institutions, and reducing corruption.
Behaviorally informed policy emphasizes the importance of context for decision making and behavior. It examines a wide set of influences, paying attention to the social, psychological, and economic factors that affect what people think and do. It addresses details in bureaucracies, technologies, and service delivery that are often overlooked in standard policy design but that dramatically influence the effectiveness of development programs and projects, especially in low-income contexts. Behaviorally informed policy can provide creative solutions to difficult challenges, often at low cost. Finally, it helps policy makers themselves avoid some of the decision traps and biases that affect all individuals.
The Mind, Behavior, and Development Unit (eMBeD), the World Bank’s behavioral sciences team, works closely with project teams, governments, and other partners to diagnose, design, and evaluate behaviorally informed interventions. By collaborating with a worldwide network of scientists and practitioners, the eMBeD team provides answers to important economic and social questions, and contributes to the global effort to eliminate poverty and increase equity.
eMBeD is looking for an enthusiastic researcher and program manager to assist with a project in Bangladesh and India. We are looking for candidates who can:
- Work independently to carry out a variety of project technical tasks (e.g. desk research, design of behavioral science work projects, implementation of projects, and evaluation).
- Travel to the project sites to meet with various stakeholders, conduct interviews and focus groups, and manage potential household survey design and implementation.
- Conduct functional behavior assessments and manage data collection systems. This includes conducting formal assessment and clinical observations, interpreting, evaluating and explaining the relevance of assessment outcomes.
- Employ appropriate methodologies for handling and conducting experiments informed by behavioral science including collecting/analyzing data; conducting behavioral diagnostics, and designing RCTs.
- Follow up with government and project counterparts in collecting data and progress on projects.
- In coordination with eMBeD, World Bank country office staff, and partner organizations organize meetings with project counterparts as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Masters in Social Psychology, Economics, Management Sciences, or a related field with proven experience in relevant fields, an excellent record of publications, and 2+ years of research and operations experience.
- Knowledge of statistical and econometric analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of behavioral science.
- Expertise in applying behavioral science to issues involving health care, including primary care.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, including the ability to interpret and present statistical information.
- Experience managing or providing support on field-based RCTs.
- Experience in health fields.
- Experience in India or Bangladesh.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise designing, managing, and analyzing randomized evaluations, field experiments in developing countries, and laboratory experiments.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in Bangladesh.
- Fluency in Hindi or Bengali.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and strong interest in the use of evidence and impact evaluation in policymaking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- This is an extended-term consultant appointment, which is a periodic appointment for a minimum of one and maximum of two years. It does not include any benefits.
- Candidates must be based in or willing to regularly travel to Dhaka, Delhi, or Patna.
- Start Date: January 1, 2019
- End Date: TBD
Jobs Source: online
The World Bank